Celebrating our 500,000th Habitat house!

  • jerry.harrow@hp.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2011

      Dear Habitat staff,

      Description: Watch the 500,000th house videoWhat a wonderful day for Habitat! Today, as our peers and supporters around the globe recognize World Habitat Day, I'm delighted that Habitat for Humanity is celebrating two important milestones.

      In Maai Mahiu, Kenya, a joyful community is dedicating our 500,000th home, while in Paterson, New Jersey, despite recent flooding, a group is busy raising the walls on the 500,001st. These two homes honor the dedication of those who have supported affordable housing efforts for 35 years and symbolize our commitment to serve even more families in the future.

      Every Habitat project is a reason to rejoice, but today presents us with a special opportunity to remember the part we all play in this ministry of transformation. Enjoy this video that celebrates what Habitat has accomplished and share it with others! Be sure to make your mark on the Habitat Map App, as well, where you can post your previous volunteer experiences, add photos and video, and invite your family and friends to do the same.

      I'm so grateful to each of you for the work you do every day. You've helped more than half a million families have simple, decent, safe places to live. Your continued efforts will enable us to continue building homes, communities and hope.

      Blessings,
      Jonathan T.M. Reckford