Volunteer Opportunities

  • Ron Dyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2003
      There are currently several opportunities to volunteer for Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity.  Please let me know if you're interested in any of the following:

      1.)  The eighth annual "Take a Hike for Humanity" fundraiser is occurring the weekend of May 17 & 18.  It is being held at three different sites this year:  Mt Monadnock, Pawtuckaway State Park, and Blue Hill Reserve.  Recognition ceremonies are being held at all three sites on Saturday, May 17, and I would like to have a person take pictures at each site.  Ideally, you would be willing to spend a long day with me riding around to all three sites, where I am leading the ceremonies.  I am leaving Nashua at 6:30 a.m. to go to the Blue Hills for the 9:30 ceremonies and then on to Mt. Monadnock for the 12:30 ceremonies and then on to Pawtuckaway State park for the 3:30 ceremonies.  I expect to be back in Nashua around 6 p.m.  If you're interested in making this trek to take pictures and keeping awake, let me know.  If nobody volunteers for this, then I would be looking for a person for each site to go on their own and take pictures for an hour or two around the ceremonies.

      2.)  There may be a few opportunities for volunteers at the Mt. Monadnock site to help with registration and other activities for a half day or a full day.

      3.)  We had a couple of volunteers earlier who sign up to write material for our website.  We still have more areas on the website where people can write content.

      If you're interested in any of these, please let me know and we can get you more information.  Thank you for your support.

      Ron
    • David L.Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2005

        Happy Friday Everyone!

        Hoops For Humanity is approaching fast.  The 3-on-3 Tournament is tomorrow!  We have quite a few volunteers already but always welcome more and could use a few more especially for the evening session (see attached flyer for times).  There is even time to still enter a team if you desire.  Below is a list of the volunteer opportunities available.  All volunteers get a T-Shirt.  If you or you children (13-17) want to play just email me directly and I would be happy to add you to the list.

        Scorekeepers

        Timekeepers

        Refs

        Registration/Sign in help

        Raffle Ticket Sales

        Set Up

        Clean Up

        As always, should any of you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email or cell phone at 603-493-1453.

        Thanks and enjoy the weekend.

        Dave Campbell

        Fundraising Chair

        Greater Nashua Habitat For Humanity

        David L. Campbell

        Principal

        Smarter Lead Gen, LLC

        138 London Court

        Merrimack, NH 03054

        Toll-Free: 866-756-4560

        Tel: 603-429-3498

        Fax: 603-791-4840

        Cell: 603-493-1453

        dcampbell@...

        www.smarterleadgen.com

      • Zlotnick
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2006
          Hi volunteers!

          We are looking for a few people who may be interested in the following volunteer opportunities:

          (1) Historian. We have a few scrapbooks in the office, but they need to be organized and updated. You could take these scrapbooks home to update them.

          (2) Clipping Service. We're also trying to find people who can clip newspaper articles and forward them to our historian for inclusion in the scrapbooks. Most of the articles come from the Nashua Telegraph and the Manchester Union Leader. Articles also sometimes appear in other publications.

          (3) We are in the midst of planning for our second annual Heart of the Community celebration to be held in February of 2007. Part of the event features an auction. We're looking for volunteers who are willing to donate their handyman services as an auction item. For example, last year, a couple of our volunteers together donated 8 hours of handyman services.

          Christina Zlotnick
          Board of Directors
          GNHFH
          Phone: (603) 801-6003