Habitat for Humanity build - Saturday May 7th

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2011
      All:

      We'll continue construction at our new home site at 23 Russell Street (corner of Russell and Maple Streets) in Wilton.

      >> Thursday construction suspended until further notice.

      >> Saturday: Meet at 23 Russell Street, Wilton. Please bring lunches.

      Directions from NH-101A, heading WEST out of Nashua:
      Turn LEFT after NH-101 overpass to take the RT-101 W ramp toward PETERBOROUGH/KEENE, merging onto NH-101 (Milford bypass). 4.9 mi to - Turn LEFT onto ELM ST/NH-101. 0.8 mi to - Turn (bear) RIGHT onto WILTON RD. 0.5 mi to - WILTON RD becomes MAIN ST. 0.3 mi to - Turn RIGHT onto RUSSELL ST. 0.1 mi to - End at site on the RIGHT, corner RUSSELL ST & MAPLE ST.

      Volunteer work:

      - Install storage shelving in basement.
      - Finish laminate floor transitions.
      - Complete / seal / caulk baseboard trim in kitchen.
      - Apply quarter-round around kitchen cabinets.
      - Seal underside of kitchen countertop.
      - Complete trim on the two northwest corner windows.
      - Continue fire-sealing plumbing / electrical penetrations.
      - Install closer hardware on north side storm door.
      - Insulate basement ceiling.
      - Move staging to storage.
      - Continue spreading loam.
      - If / when plumbing inspection complete, finish drywalling in bathroom, and install vanity base.
      - Continue punch list / touch-up.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      23 Russell Street, Wilton: Continued installing baseboard. Primed / painted remaining windows. Fabricated and installed kick plate under kitchen cabinets, prepping quarter-round. Installed solid backing behind kitchen sink (facing living room). Moved range and refrigerator into kitchen. Started boiler installation. Fire-sealed around most plumbing / electrical penetrations. Inspected box truck. Photos posted to our Web-based Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.com/nashabitat/RussellSt# .
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Hosted building inspector to review repair scope. Filed with State for planned energy conservation values before permitting.

      Upcoming events:
      23 Russell Street, Wilton: Continue construction. Still seeking donations / deals for punch list items.
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Obtain permits for 2011 renovation / addition. Seeking donations / deals: excavation / foundation / electrical are top priorities.
      Nashua Children's Home, 125 Amherst St., Nashua: Replace ramp.
      Other small projects being coordinated.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2011
        Additional opportunity - should be short:

        Main desk in our office got somewhat damaged in last weekend's move to our new location at 92 Main Street, Nashua. Screws and fittings broke off the particle board back section. Maybe repair w/ L-brackets, screws / glue and drill.

        Office admins are generally available 10-2 Mondays through Thursdays, so that would be the most convenient slot - but not necessarily limited to that.

        Any volunteers?

        Thanks,
        eric