- Volunteers are needed for GNHFH Home "Sweat" Home Fair March 22, 9am-3pm at St. Joseph Church, 777 West Hollis St. Nashua. For more infomation on the fair go to http://www.nashabitat.org/sweat.html. Sign-up for a position by contacting Bill Patterson at HomeFair@.... Please specify the position(s) you are interested in, and the hours you are available."
Greeter (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
- Greet customers
- Guide customers to:
- the restrooms
- the ticket and raffle tables
- the Habitat information table
Ticket Sales (2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
- Set up ticket table
- Sell sheets of Penny Raffle tickets at $2 each.
- Receive payment and make change from cash box. (Large ticket in corner of page is for the Door Prize drawing.)
Floater (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
- Travel throughout the craft area and
- Relieve ticket salespersons
- Relieve crafters (bathroom breaks, lunch)
- Relay issues to Activity Chairperson for resolution.
Food Manager (1 person) Hours: 8:00 to 3:00 (plus time for planning and procuring the food)
- Prepare menu and price list for food sales
- Order and procure food for the food sales
- Manage the service and sales of the food during the fair
Food Service (1 – 3 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
- Display and serve food orders received from the Food Sales person(s)
- Designated cook/ popcorn maker
- Plate setup person
- Dispense plates, drinks, popcorn
Food Sales (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
- Note orders at the counter
- Verify all items in order are provided to the customer
- Calculate payment
- Receive payment and make change from the cash box.
Habitat Sales (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
Habitat Information (1 – 2 people, preferably board members)
- Display items for sale
- Discuss the benefits to Habitat for the sale with customers
- Receive payment and make change from cash box (check payment preferred w/ID.)
- Discuss the mission of Habitat, promote upcoming events and determine level of individual interest. Give out appropriate literature.
- Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
Gopher (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)
- Help the Greeter
- Be on hand to help resolve problems for the Activity Chairperson
- Be available to leave the building for necessary errands.
Set up Crew (6 – 10 people) Hours: 6:00 pm to completion (Friday night)
Tear down Crew (8 – 10 people) – Beginning at 3:00 pm (or slightly before)
- set up tables (for exhibitors, tickets and raffle items) per floor plan or direction of Activity Chairperson
- Put up banners in the hall
- [Note that the exhibitors will be given time Friday night to set up if they choose to do so (probably 6:00 to 8:00)]
- Remove all tables
- Remove trash can liners and replace
- Place in back of the building where designated.
- Take down any banners we have put up
- Note that a Mass starts at 4:00 and we want to be finished before then.
- Dear GNHFH Volunteers,We have a volunteer opportunity available. Our Public Relations Committee needs assistance collecting one-to-four, small-to-medium-sized boxes at an hp facility in Andover, MA,