Volunteer Opportunity

  • Jocelin Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
      Volunteers are needed for GNHFH Home "Sweat" Home Fair March 22, 9am-3pm at St. Joseph Church, 777 West Hollis St. Nashua. For more infomation on the fair go to http://www.nashabitat.org/sweat.html. Sign-up for a position by contacting Bill Patterson at HomeFair@....   Please specify the position(s) you are interested in, and the hours you are available."

      Greeter (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Greet customers
      • Guide customers to:
        1. the restrooms
        2. the ticket and raffle tables
        3. the Habitat information table

      Ticket Sales (2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Set up ticket table
      • Sell sheets of Penny Raffle tickets at $2 each.
      • Receive payment and make change from cash box. (Large ticket in corner of page is for the Door Prize drawing.)

      Floater (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Travel throughout the craft area and
        1. Relieve ticket salespersons
        2. Relieve crafters (bathroom breaks, lunch)
        3. Relay issues to Activity Chairperson for resolution.

      Food Manager (1 person) Hours: 8:00 to 3:00 (plus time for planning and procuring the food)

      • Prepare menu and price list for food sales
      • Order and procure food for the food sales
      • Manage the service and sales of the food during the fair

      Food Service (1 – 3 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Display and serve food orders received from the Food Sales person(s)
        1. Designated cook/ popcorn maker
        2. Plate setup person
        3. Dispense plates, drinks, popcorn

      Food Sales (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Note orders at the counter
      • Verify all items in order are provided to the customer
      • Calculate payment
      • Receive payment and make change from the cash box.

      Habitat Sales (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Display items for sale
      • Discuss the benefits to Habitat for the sale with customers
      • Receive payment and make change from cash box (check payment preferred w/ID.)
      Habitat Information (1 – 2 people, preferably board members)
      • Discuss the mission of Habitat, promote upcoming events and determine level of individual interest. Give out appropriate literature.
      • Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      Gopher (1 – 2 people) Hours: 8:45 to 2:45 (could be broken into two shifts)

      • Help the Greeter
      • Be on hand to help resolve problems for the Activity Chairperson
      • Be available to leave the building for necessary errands.

      Set up Crew (6 – 10 people) Hours: 6:00 pm to completion (Friday night)

      • set up tables (for exhibitors, tickets and raffle items) per floor plan or direction of Activity Chairperson
      • Put up banners in the hall
      • [Note that the exhibitors will be given time Friday night to set up if they choose to do so (probably 6:00 to 8:00)]
      Tear down Crew (8 – 10 people) – Beginning at 3:00 pm (or slightly before)
      • Remove all tables
      • Remove trash can liners and replace
      • Place in back of the building where designated.
      • Take down any banners we have put up
      • Note that a Mass starts at 4:00 and we want to be finished before then.
    • Ed Lopez - Greater Nashua Habitat for Hum
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21 2:11 AM
        Dear GNHFH Volunteers,

        We have a volunteer opportunity available.  Our Public Relations Committee needs assistance collecting one-to-four, small-to-medium-sized boxes at an hp facility in Andover, MA, during the hours of 10am-4pm (to be arranged with an hp representative) within the next 5 business days and deliver them to our annex office at the United Methodist Church on Main Street (basement).

        To make arrangements if you are willing to help us out, please email pr@....

        Regards,

        GNHFH Volunteer Team

        ---
        Eduardo J. Lopez-Reyes, BA (Rhode Island), MA (Dunelm)
        Board of Directors, President

        Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity
        PO Box 159
        Nashua, New Hampshire  03061-0159