Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday November 4th / Saturday November 6th

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2010

      We'll continue with volunteer construction at our new home site on the corner of Russell and Maple Streets in Wilton. We'll be indoors if the weather isn't - as forecast for Thursday. Saturday's long-range weather forecast looks favorable to mostly finish up outside.

      >> Thursday: Meet at Wilton construction site, corner of Russell and Maple Streets, Wilton. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at Wilton construction site, corner of Russell and Maple Streets, Wilton. Please bring lunches.

      Directions from NH-101A, heading WEST out of Nashua:
      Turn LEFT after NH-101 overpass to take the RT-101 W ramp toward PETERBOROUGH/KEENE, merging onto NH-101 (Milford bypass). 4.9 mi to -
      Turn LEFT onto ELM ST/NH-101. 0.8 mi to -
      Turn (bear) RIGHT onto WILTON RD. 0.5 mi to -
      WILTON RD becomes MAIN ST. 0.3 mi to -
      Turn RIGHT onto RUSSELL ST. 0.1 mi to -
      End at site on the RIGHT, corner RUSSELL ST & MAPLE ST.

      Volunteer work: Finish painting eaves and trim. Finish deck work. Support rough electrical / plumbing.

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      Russell Street, Wilton: Finished hanging soffits. 2nd coat paint on most of the exterior. Built benches for deck, continued most of deck railing. Trimmed basement windows. Poured concrete pad and completed stairs from side entrance. Photos posted to our Web-based Picasa album: http://picasaweb.google.com/nashabitat/RussellSt# .

      Upcoming events:
      Russell Street, Wilton: Continue construction. Still seeking donations / deals.
      Nashua Neighborhood Housing, 63 Temple St., Nashua: Repair ramp (probably spring 2011).
      Nashua Children's Home, 125 Amherst St., Nashua: Replace ramp (probably spring 2011).
      Other small projects being coordinated.