Habitat for Humanity build - Saturday October 10th

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009

      All:

      This Saturday, we’ll continue supporting Southern NH Rescue Mission (40 Chestnut Street, Nashua) to put in emergency and handicapped egress that will allow for a new basement dormitory. Specifically, we’ll finish hanging drywall on the ceilings, continuing with the walls, plus a little framing in the rest rooms. This is all indoor work.

      Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 7 (Amherst Street exit) to the mission –

      1:  Start out going SOUTHEAST on US-3/ NH-101A/ AMHERST ST toward US-3 S/ HENRI A BURQUE DR. Continue to follow NH-101A/ AMHERST ST.  1.6 mi to

      2:  Turn RIGHT onto MAIN ST/ DANIEL WEBSTER HWY.  0.2 mi to

      3:  Turn RIGHT onto WATER ST.  0.2 mi to

      4:  Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto FACTORY ST.  <0.1 mi to

      5:  Turn LEFT onto CHESTNUT ST.  0.2 mi to

      6:  End at 40 CHESTNUT ST (2nd building on LEFT). Parking on street, and behind building

      See as many of you as can make it, starting around 9:00 AM.

      Completed since last Saturday:

      34 New Searles Road, Nashua – Installed grab bar, applied final skim coat drywall, final electrical clean-up, re-set selected floor tiles.

      40 Chestnut Street, Nashua (Southern NH Rescue Mission) –Finished hanging drywall on ceilings in main area. Finished hanging drywall on boxed-in pipes; continued hanging drywall on walls.

      Tonella Road, Milford – Applied for driveway, water / sewer, and storm water permits.

      Upcoming events:

      Building permits and temporary power, Milford lot.

      Burn brush at Tonella Road, Milford – after 1st snow.

      Other small projects being coordinated.