Operation Home Delivery Scheduling

  • Ron Dyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hello, everyone.
      Our Operation Home Delivery house framing for hurricane Katrina relief is now less than three weeks away, and we are ready to start scheduling volunteers for slots during the weekend of June 22-24.  Please visit our website www.nashabitat.org to view our latest newsletter to get full details.  The framing is being done in front of New Hampshire Community Technical College in Nashua, located right on Amherst Street (Route 101A) heading west.  We expect a large number of people will want to participate, so we are scheduling volunteers for one of the following 3-hour slots:
      - Friday, June 22, 5 to 8 p.m.
      - Saturday, June 23, 9a.m. to noon  or 1 to 4 p.m.
      - Sunday, June 24, 9a.m. to noon  or 1 to 4 p.m.
      To request to be scheduled for one of these slots, please send an email to katrina@... with the following information for each person you are requesting to be scheduled:  name, mailing address, phone number(s), email address, and preferred time slot for scheduling.  We expect interest will be high, so send on your request soon.
      The minimum age to participate in this build is 14.  Those under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or other adult.  Everyone must sign a waiver that will be sent to you after you have been scheduled.  Those under 18 must also have the waiver co-signed by a parent or guardian.
      There is no fee for people to participate in this build, but we do encourage everyone to bring a donation to be used for the ongoing hurricane Katrina and Rita rebuilding efforts that will be going for many years.  There will also be food available to purchase for lunch and snacks.  All proceeds from these sales will also go to the Katrina relief fund of Habitat for Humanity International.  People not working on the framing are also encouraged to visit us during the weekend to lend support, make donations, and learn more about the organization and its mission.
      Concerns about weather:  We shall not cancel activities based on weather forecasts.  Delays or cancellations will be decided based on actual weather at the site at the times scheduled.  We hope to have fine weather, but we never know what will happen.  Mist or light showers will not likely stop us.  Passing heavy rain may delay things until it passes.  High winds and torrential rains (like a hurricane or tornado) will have a serious impact.  The cafeteria is available to wait out rain, rest, have lunch, etc.
      If you are scheduled to work during a particular time slot and you learn you cannot be there, please let us know as early as possible, so that somebody else may be given the opportunity to participate at that time.  Each time slot is limited to 25 volunteers.
      We look forward to seeing many of you coming out to support this great effort.  Thank you for your ongoing support.
      Ron Dyer, Vice President                         Jerry Harrow, President
      Greater Nashua Habitat for Humanity