Volunteer Request -- Take a Hike for Humanity May 19 & 20

  • Harrow, Jerry
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15 8:26 PM
      We need volunteers to staff the registration booth, shirt table, and silent auction on both days of the upcoming Take a Hike for Humanity fundraiser.  No special skills required.  To volunteer for any of the time slots below, or for more information please send mail to Jerry.Harrow@....  Thanks!

      Saturday 5/19
          8am-Noon:
          11:30am-5pm:

      Sunday 5/20
          8am-Noon:
          11:30am-5pm:

      Take a Hike for Humanity is a regional fundraiser to benefit local Habitat for Humanity affiliates. This hike-a-thon is held each spring at Mt. Monadnock - the most hiked mountain in the world - in Jaffrey, NH. Funds are raised by individuals and teams of hikers, who obtain pledges/contributions for their local affiliates. Funds are also raised from a silent auction and corporate sponsorships. The funds are used by affiliates for local building projects to provide affordable houses to low income families that otherwise could not afford to own a home. This year's event is being held Saturday and Sunday, May 19 & 20, 2001. It is expected that 300-500 hikers will participate.

      HR John Sununu will be the speaker Sat afternoon(noon to 2:30).

    • Danielle M. Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17 6:19 PM
        Jerry,

        I am going to the new members meeting tomorrow night, but would love to make an "advanced volunteer request" for Saturday morning. ( 8 am to noon) Wherever you need the most help, that's probably where you can place me.  I'll plan on hiking on Sunday.  Thanks!
        Danielle pAul