Building Site Volunteer Opportunities

  • Sheila Spooner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2006
      Many of you have expressed an interest in working on a Habitat for
      Humanity building project. We could use three or four more
      volunteers on site this Saturday, July 8. We are still working on 63
      Temple Street, about two blocks from our office. The project is
      rehabilitating the interior of a building for one of our partner
      organizations - Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Nashua -
      which helps lower income families find affordable rentals. The
      project involves taking down interior walls and reconstructing them
      to make more useable space.

      If you are available 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on this Saturday and want to
      participate, please let us know now. Just reply to this email.

      I can tell you from personal experience it is fun and rewarding!
      Last Saturday they removed a wall to become an archway opening into a
      larger room. I demolished another small wall to move it over a few
      inches. The "bosses" (Mike and Eric) are very helpful explaining
      just what they want you to do and keep an eye on you to be sure you
      do things safely. I also spent some time bagging up construction
      debris to be hauled away - not difficult, just necessary! There
      are many small jobs that need helping hands and you reap the rewards
      of helping a good cause. Believe me it feels good!

      Also, I'd like to encourage you to attend the next volunteer
      information meeting on Monday, July 10 at 7 p.m. at the GNHFH office
      in the Methodist Church on Main St., Nashua.

      Thanks so much for your support . . .

      Sheila Spooner