857Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday September 26th and Saturday September 28th

    Sep 22, 2013

      We'll support our ReStore at 352 Amherst Street, Nashua, adding an awning above the side donation door.

      >> Thursday / Saturday: Prep as needed; build and hang awning. Please bring lunches.

      352 Amherst Street, Nashua: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 7:
      1. Start out going WEST on AMHERST ST/RT-101A. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto jug-handle, for LEFT turn onto AIRPORT RD.
      3. 352 AMHERST ST is on left.

      Volunteer work:
      352 Amherst St., Nashua: Remove any deteriorated structure above doorway. Fasten structural supports to existing concrete block wall. Then hang awning.

      See as many of you as can make it. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Passed initial inspection, pending electrical and gas utility connections. Re-installed insulation in basement ceiling after plumbing inspection. Plumber added gas line for dryer and water line for external faucet. Cleaned up throughout. Spread mulch under eaves; finished raking and spreading topsoil ahead of hydroseeding. Loaded and moved truck off-site.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Complete final inspections. Coordinate utilities service. Contractor hydroseed lawn. Support any punch list items.
      Additional small projects being coordinated with ReStore and Family Selection.