855Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday September 19th and Saturday September 21st

    Sep 16, 2013

      We'll continue work on our home build at 24 Adelaide Street in Hudson.

      >> Thursday: Correct post-inspection punch list items at our new home site. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Correct post-inspection punch list items at our new home site. Please bring lunches.

      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6:
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson (Thursday): Clean up. Reset bedroom egress window stops per fire department inspection. Support punch list from final inspection on Thursday. Touch-up topsoil ahead of hydroseeding early next week. Load and move truck.

      See as many of you as can make it. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Spread donated topsoil, less under truck and any future patches. Passed blower inspection. Mulch received. Clearing actions from fire department inspection. Plumber completed finish work, pending fixing minor leak. Electrician completed finish work; street service is pending inspection.
      88-3/4 Palm Street, Nashua: Repainted triple-decker porch railings and balusters for Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Final inspections. Coordinate utilities service.
      Additional small projects being coordinated with ReStore and Family Selection.