853Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday September 12th and * * SUNDAY * * September 15th

    Sep 9, 2013

      We'll continue work on our home build at 24 Adelaide Street in Hudson, and support the Soup Kitchen at 88-3/4 Palm Street in downtown Nashua. Note that weekend work is SUNDAY, not the usual Saturday.

      >> Thursday 12th (starts 9:00 AM): Continue landscaping at our new home site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson.

      >> SUNDAY 15th (starts 11:30 AM): Help Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter repaint porches at 88-3/4 Palm Street, Nashua. Lunch will be provided by NSKS.

      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6:
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      88-3/4 Palm Street, Nashua. Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 5:
      1. Start out going east on RT-111 E toward New Dunstable Rd. 1.3 mi
      2. Turn left onto Palm St. (Palm St is just past Pine St).
      3. 88-3/4 PALM ST is 2nd house on the right.

      Volunteer work:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson (Thursday): Spread topsoil (please bring rakes / wheelbarrows). Support blower test by Turncycle Solutions. Support finish plumbing and electrical as needed.
      88-3/4 Palm Street, Nashua (SUNDAY): Repaint porch railings and balusters for Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter triple-decker. Parking available on-street, and at Mark's Furniture (51 Kinsley Street, abuts back of NSKS property).

      * * * * * Big help needed this week! Still looking for heavy-duty trailer to deliver / return small front-end loader / tractor to spread topsoil at our current home site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson * * * * * *

      See as many of you as can make it. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Plumber completed PEX hookups to the hot water baseboard heaters, connected gas to the boiler, ran lines to the kitchen, and put up washer hookup. Electrician nearly complete with finish electrical.
      45-47 Chestnut Street, Nashua: Cleaned up accumulated debris at our new home site.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractor to complete finish electrical. Contractor to complete finish plumbing. Topsoil to be delivered; contractor hydroseed. Final inspections.
      Additional small projects being coordinated with ReStore and Family Selection.