847Habitat for Humanity build - Thursday August 8th and Saturday August 10th

    Aug 4, 2013

      We'll continue work on our new Hudson home; this is partly indoor work.

      >> Thursday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      >> Saturday: Meet at site, 24 Adelaide Street, Hudson. Please bring lunches.

      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Directions from Everett Turnpike Exit 6 -
      1. Start out going EAST on BROAD ST/RT-130 toward SPAR AVE. 0.9 mi
      2. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AMHERST ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. RT-101A E is just past JONES CT. 0.9 mi
      3. Turn LEFT onto CANAL ST/RT-101A. Continue to follow RT-101A E. 1.0 mi
      4. RT-101A E becomes RT-111 E. 0.1 mi
      5. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CENTRAL ST. 0.5 mi
      6. Turn LEFT to stay on CENTRAL ST.CENTRAL ST is just past HURLEY ST. 0.2 mi
      7. Take the 1st LEFT onto ADELAIDE ST.
      8. 24 ADELAIDE ST is on the LEFT, at the corner with LIONS AVE.

      Volunteer work:
      > 24 Adelaide, Hudson: Complete touch-up interior paint. Paint bifold closet doors. Caulk around tub. Remove excess lumber. Spread topsoil when delivered. Complete punch list items.

      * * * * * Looking for heavy-duty trailer to deliver / return small front-end loader / tractor to spread topsoil * * * * * *

      See as many of you as can make it, starting by 9:00. Please wear appropriate protective clothing.

      Completed since last Saturday:
      24 Adelaide, Hudson: Completed handrail on side deck stairs. Touched-up paint in living room / foyer. Installed bifold closet doors. Spread and tamped gravel driveway. Leveled yard, ready for topsoil. Removed trash - thanks to Chris and ReStore! Moved tools back into truck. Plumber connected toilet.

      Upcoming events:
      24 Adelaide Street, Hudson: Contractor to do finish electrical. Contractor to continue finish plumbing. Topsoil to be delivered. Contractor hydroseed.
      Benson Park (27 Kimball Hill Road), Hudson: Support pergola kit build for Hudson Community Club.
      Coordinating possible additional small project with Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter.