Re: [glowmuck] More stupid GlowMUCK tricks.

  • Ron Wilson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2002
      > Today I was called to try and figure out why someone couldn't exit a simple
      > vehicle. For some reason the global enter;exit command that we use wasn't
      > working. Instead it was trying to use the action from the owner's
      > spaceship. The puzzling thing was.... The vehicle wasn't *in* the player'
      > s spaceship. It was picking up an action not from the room it was in, but
      > from its *home* room.
      > Glow is also searching the objects HOME? Is it supposed to do that? Or is
      > this something that only applies to vehicle objects?

      As best I can tell, this only applies to vehicle objects

      > I eventually had the player create a special room with no attached exits
      > (she named it "stupid room") and HOME the vehicle to it.

      Some of the Mucks I am on have a "Vehicle Parent Room" that contain
      the various actions intended for vehicles. Vehicle objects on these
      mucks are supposed to use this room as the object HOME to work properly.

      Appearently either Glow or FuzzBall was designed to work this way.