GLHA: Query from Australia

  • Ray Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2012
      If you are able to respond to this query please reply to
      webmaster@.... Thank you

      My branch of the Cother family lived in Ripple, Worcester in the 1600s
      and then in Newent, Sandhurst, Norton, Painswick and Tewkesbury ,
      Gloucestershire in the 1700s. Brothers Jeremiah and Edwin Cother
      emigrated to Victoria, Australia, supposedly to source wool for the
      family mill in 1853. It is intriguing that so many of their ancestors
      died either at infancy or at a very young age during the 1600s and
      1700s. I have found references to outbreaks of the plague during the
      1600s but would like to know what caused the early deaths of so many
      babies and I am wondering if you can shed any light on whether this was
      peculiar to the area, or a common feature of life in Britain at that time.

      Kind regards
      Joan Cother

    • J DIXON
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
        I am sorry that I have not been able to reply - getting back to normal now!

        will try.

        Best Wishes,

        John

        Please acknowledge this email