Margaret Brent of Gloucester and the USA

  • Ray Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2012
      We have received the following request from the USA. Wishing to know
      more background information I found the following Wiki entry
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Brent. Please send any replies to
      webmaster@...
      Thank you (Ray Wilson)

      I am a college student currently attending the University of Northern
      Iowa and taking part in a summer program that requires me to research
      and write a paper. I have chosen to research Margaret Brent. She was
      from Gloucester, England and the daughter of Richard Brent Lord
      Admington and Stoke and Elizabeth Reed. I have already done a good deal
      of research on her life here in the United States, however, when she
      immigrated to the U.S. she was already 38 years old. I would like to
      know if there is any record of her life before she decided to make such
      a long and arduous journey? Any kind of help you could offer would be
      greatly appreciated. Since I am located in the middle of the country
      and have no prospects of traveling any time in the near future I would
      need any information to be in the form of digital files or sent via the
      postal service. If you have any questions for me please feel free to
      email me at any time I check my mail often. If it is any help I am
      mostly interested in her reasons for leaving England and what her
      religious affiliations were when she was a child and any particular
      church that she would have attended. Any kind of evidence surrounding
      these parts of her life would be a great help.

      Thank you for your help

      Gemma Leitz
      Senior, UNI Student