GlosCAT/ formerly the Technical College, Brunswick Road.

  • p.d.daw
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 4:07 PM
      The foundation stone for the college was laid in 1939 and the college was abandoned in 2007 when the students moved to the new site at Llanthony by the Gloucester/Sharpness Canal.

      I have been researching the site, the building, staff and pupils for several months and gleaned some newspaper stories with pictures. The quality of them is poor and therefore, I would be grateful if anyone has real photographs they might allow me to copy.

      This research project is being done under the auspices of the Gloucester City Centre Community Partnership (GCCCP), a group whose volunteers will be involved with an archaeological dig during this month of March. Viewing holes will be cut in the surrounding hoardings and information will be attached for passers by to know what is going on behind the boards.

      The college is due for demolition and the former tower block has already been demolished. Any information or pictures will be a great help. Thank you. Pam Daw.