Update on Pace case book

  • John C. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2012
      Since some of you expressed interest in my post last year about my book on the investigation into the death of Harry Pace in 1928 and the trial of his wife Beatrice which followed, I thought I would send (along with new year greetings!) a brief update.

      I have now been informed that the book -- The Most Remarkable Woman in England: Poison, Celebrity and the Trials of Beatrice Pace -- will be released on 20 August 2012. This is a bit later than I initially thought, but not too much (and that is in any case out of my control). The book is also already showing up at Amazon.co.uk (though without, as yet, a cover image).

      As I noted in my previous message, I have started a blog related to the case and the book in order to provide updates, additional information and enable contact with others interested in the case and the more general topic of crime and justice in the inter-war period.

      The blog can be found here:

      http://pacecase.blogspot.com/

      I plan to update it fairly regularly, so it will be worthwhile checking back now and then to see if anything new has shown up.

      Finally, I am interested in giving talks or doing presentations related to the book (especially around or shortly after it comes out). The case is a a fascinating part of Gloucestershire/Forest of Dean history, and this is the first book to properly set it in the context of its time and to demonstrate what a sensation it really was.

      If anybody would like to set something up, please do feel free to contact me and discuss things. Also, please feel free to pass on the information about the book (and the blog) to anyone you might think would be interested.

      All for now, best wishes for 2012 to you all.

      John