FW: CAHG CONFERENCE 2009

  • John Loosley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      This may be of interest to some. I went to the first conference 2 years ago
      and met several interesting people and listened to some fascinating talks by
      groups on what they had achieved.

      John

      Community Archives and Heritage Group Conference 2009: Sustaining Community
      Archives

      Invitation to a free one-day conference, Thursday 18th June

      Building on the success of its earlier conferences, the Community Archives &
      Heritage Group (CAHG) is holding a third national conference for and about
      community archives on Thursday 18 June 2009.

      The conference will again be held at University College London and is free
      to attend. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.

      The theme this year will be 'Sustaining Community Archives' and we will be
      exploring issues that determine sustainability and learning from groups who
      have achieved sustainable working in areas of conservation, digital
      cataloguing, the creation of funding opportunities through the exploitation
      of archives (including copyright issues), and networking.

      To find out more and book your free place, go to
      <http://www.communityarchives.org.uk/> www.communityarchives.org.uk.

      Best wishes

      Jane Golding
      Conference co-ordinator