Arlingham

  • arlinghamchurchbooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2008
      Here in Arlingham we are taking forward two book projects initiated by the
      local PCC in aid of St Mary's Church, Arlingham.

      The first is to republish a series of writings on the history of the village
      that were written in 1886 by John Sayer - a London barrister with strong
      village roots here. These writings were known as the Antiquities of
      Arlingham and were written by John Sayer for the Parish Magazine of the day.
      We aim to complement these original with C19th maps, photographs and
      drawings and have put out an appeal for material. A great deal has already
      come forward.

      See details of our appeal here -
      http://www.redlionarlingham.co.uk/book.html or here
      http://www.redlionarlingham.co.uk/book.pdf

      The second project to be published subsequently is a photographic history of
      Arlingham through the 20th Century,with a chapter for each decade with at
      least 200 photographs. Contributions are already coming in and more would be
      welcomed. We do wish to cover every decade equally.
      We would be delighted to hear from anyone wwith material that would assist
      us.

      Kind Regards

      Jon Shaw