Lime mortar

  • David Hardwick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      I'd like to bring to the list's attention a Lime mortar training day.

      It is relevant to list members for the following reasons
      - A chance to learn about the materials used in the construction of the historic structures members are interested in
      - A chance to gain practical skills to put to use in preservation works they might be undertaking
      - The work carried out on the day will be to an historic brick kiln (not normally accessible to the public) both giving a chance to view an interesting piece of industrial archaeology and help in its preservation
      - Any profit from the day will go to the South Gloucestershire Mines Research Group and be put towards further preservation work on historic structures

      The cost of the day at £55 is less than many similar courses and includes lunch and an information pack so is well worth it.

      Please pass this on to any you think might be interested.
      More details are available from David@...

      Working with Lime
      A practical training day
      with 'hands on' experience

      Explaining the different properties and advantages of traditional methods and materials.

      Topics include:

      · The historical use of lime

      · Selecting and mixing lime mortars

      · Its use in stonewalling and brickwork