Re: Horse Trough

  • Hugh Conway-Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      In connection with my question about a Gloucester horse trough inscribed Robert Brewin 1890, many thanks to those who
      identified that there was a Robert Brewin who was a coal merchant living in Querns Lane, Cirencester, and who apparently
      died between 1894 and 1897. He could well have been concerned for the welfare of horses, and it is interesting that this
      concern seems to have spread as far as Gloucester. If so, it is reasonable to assume that he must also have financed
      other horse troughs nearer Cirencester. If anyone comes across one, please let me know.

      Hugh
    • m.p.whitaker
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
        Perhaps Robert Brewin was the "Eddie Stobart", of his day and put troughs in places with poor watering facilities.
        Martin Whitaker
        Overtown Farm,
        Cranham,
        Glos. GL4 8HQ