RE: [gloshistory] FW: Locate Web server

  • ARNOLD, Sarah
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2002
      Dear Hugh,

      Graham and Chris have had a quick look at this query and for some
      reason the inverted commas search seem to pick up keywords in the
      first words of the document title only. We are not quite sure why
      this is and are investigating further.

      In the next version of the Locate help pages (not available until
      after the launch) we will be recommending that for optimum results,
      punctuation is excluded from all searches.

      Please feel free to come and chat about this to Graham and myself
      at the launch next week.

      Kind regards,

      Sarah Arnold - Senior Librarian : Information Services
      Gloucestershire County Libraries
      01452 426494/ 6494

      From: "ARNOLD, Sarah" <slarnold@...>
      To: <gloshistory@yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , May 16, 2002
        Dear Sarah,

        Can I congratulate everyone involved with the production of LOCATE. It is a
        tremendous resource and I know that a great deal of hard work must have gone
        in to compiling it. The references contained will prove an invaluable
        resource to all historians studying Gloucestershire and I personally have
        already made full use of it.

        I must also congratulate the team on making the web site so user friendly.

        Regards,

        Averil Kear
        Chairman
        Forest of Dean Local History Society