Activity

  • Hal Jordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2007
      I am hoping there is going to be more activity on the list. I think
      that Glosa has by far the best ideas concerning a world second
      language. It needs only to get its name and purpose out there. I have
      dabbled in the study of languages for far longer that I care to
      admit, and here I have found all of the concepts in place that I feel
      will make the interlangage (not a real word...I know) a very definite
      possibility.

      That isn't to say that I haven't found a couple things I'd change,
      because I have. (is my grammar as bad as it seems? that jsut read as
      an ugly sentence) All in all, it is the best solution to something
      which has been a problem for too long.

      I hope that these discussions pick up soon and I hope to be able to
      add something to them. I also hope that my abilities improve enough
      to where I can speak in Glosa soon as well.

      Plu Saluta,

      Hal
    • Jay Sistar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007
        I believe that, for a start, we need to make an audio learning aid. I
        have been studying several languages, and I find that to be the best
        type of aid. I am sure that others agree.

        I am not experienced at making such a CD/Tape, but I believe that one
        could start by using an existing aid for another language. These
        CDs/Tapes are usually littered with cultural information. I believe that
        this is unnecessary. Therefore, the best CD/Tape to start from is
        another artificial language's CDs/Tapes, such as Esperanto.

        -Jay

        Hal Jordon wrote:

        > I am hoping there is going to be more activity on the list. I think
        > that Glosa has by far the best ideas concerning a world second
        > language. It needs only to get its name and purpose out there. I have
        > dabbled in the study of languages for far longer that I care to
        > admit, and here I have found all of the concepts in place that I feel
        > will make the interlangage (not a real word...I know) a very definite
        > possibility.
        >
        > That isn't to say that I haven't found a couple things I'd change,
        > because I have. (is my grammar as bad as it seems? that jsut read as
        > an ugly sentence) All in all, it is the best solution to something
        > which has been a problem for too long.
        >
        > I hope that these discussions pick up soon and I hope to be able to
        > add something to them. I also hope that my abilities improve enough
        > to where I can speak in Glosa soon as well.
        >
        > Plu Saluta,
        >
        > Hal

      • Hal Jordon
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
          I think that would indeed be a good idea. The few mp3 files
          that are availabe were far from ideal and most of them were
          hard to hear and understand.

          I am working on a different text book and some translations
          also. I don't know if they will be any better than any
          others but I'd like to help and I needed a new writing
          project.

          I would like to find out more about the Glosa organization
          as far as approval, decisions and suggestions about the
          language. I have seen several very active members in this
          list as I slowly read through the backlog of message, but I
          am still unsure as to who has the final say. I have
          several questions I'd like to get definitive answers to.

          I guess we could make some audio files, post them and see
          what everyone thinks.

          Poli saluta,
          Tom

          Yahoo! Music Unlimited
          Access over 1 million songs.
          http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited
        • Jay Sistar
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
            I'm sure that the new audio files would be much better than any existing audio material that I have heard.

            -Jay