Question about animal names

  • cam69cam69cam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2006
      Are all animal names just there scientific names?
    • William T. Branch
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2006
        yes

      • sydpidd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
          bill@... writes:

          Are all animal names just there scientific names?
          yes but ......
          you can use the generic name only if you are sure that the reader/listener
          understands clearly - to my neighbor ," your felis was on my bed" , to a
          gathering of people interested in world cats "domesticus" but if any doubt "felis
          domesticus" etc