Hogben's "Interglossa"

  • William W Patterson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Santa left a scanner this year, and I can think
      of only one reason for him to do that... It must
      be time to scan Hogben's "Interglossa" that John
      Schilke sent me a year or so ago! Only twenty or
      so pages so far (1-19,42,43):

      http://www.kafejo.com/interglossa

      Does anybody have a good scan of the Hogben photo
      on the bio page? I could monkey around with my
      scanner settings a bit and see if I can improve my
      scan, but I know I've seen that pic before on the
      Web. I just can't find it today...

      Later,
      Bill

      --
      William W. Patterson - http://ttt.kafejo.com kaj http://ttt.komputado.com
      Ankau vizitu http://www.esperantomobilo.org - esperantumante tra Ameriko!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
        Hi Bill,
        Well, I have a copy of the original war-time print too.
        I guess I could try to make a fair copy also.

        But the only prob. is I've retured, and moved up the mountains behind
        Sydney, and my books are mostly still in boxes. It would probably take me
        longer to find the right box, and then the right settings on the scanner,
        thaan to be successful with a Google search.

        I am looking into eBook publishing as part of my retirement
        activities. Any suggestions about potential titles and formats?
        Basically eBooks are all in the self-help category, but Glosa might be
        able to find its way in there. I did read that we can incclude some sound
        with PDF format. Do you know how to do this? I have Jaws2, not the proper
        Adobe PDF maker. Eventually, If I do get serious about eBooks, I could
        have to shell out the hundreds to get the proper Adobe product.

        Saluta,

        Robin Gaskell
        P.S. Here is an attachment in DOC format of a rather nice scene from
        the newly released MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game),
        Horizons.
        At 12:55 PM 1/1/04 -0500, you wrote:

        >Santa left a scanner this year, and I can think
        >of only one reason for him to do that... It must
        >be time to scan Hogben's "Interglossa" that John
        >Schilke sent me a year or so ago! Only twenty or
        >so pages so far (1-19,42,43):
        >
        >http://www.kafejo.com/interglossa
        >
        >Does anybody have a good scan of the Hogben photo
        >on the bio page? I could monkey around with my
        >scanner settings a bit and see if I can improve my
        >scan, but I know I've seen that pic before on the
        >Web. I just can't find it today...

      • Nicholas Hempshall
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
          Karo Bill

          Mi kredi; tu memo
          http://www.rick.harrison.net/langlab/hogben.gif a plu
          pagina de Rick Harrison -
          http://www.rick.harrison.net/langlab/interglossa.html

          Saluta
          Nick

          PS Mi este mega excite de pote lekto u-ci bibli per
          inter-reti. Gratia Bill.

          --- William W Patterson <esperantisto@...>
          wrote:

          > Santa left a scanner this year, and I can think
          > of only one reason for him to do that... It must
          > be time to scan Hogben's "Interglossa" that John
          > Schilke sent me a year or so ago! Only twenty or
          > so pages so far (1-19,42,43):
          >
          > http://www.kafejo.com/interglossa
          >
          > Does anybody have a good scan of the Hogben photo
          > on the bio page? I could monkey around with my
          > scanner settings a bit and see if I can improve my
          > scan, but I know I've seen that pic before on the
          > Web. I just can't find it today...
          >
          > Later,
          > Bill
          >

          > --
          > William W. Patterson - http://ttt.kafejo.com kaj
          > http://ttt.komputado.com
          > Ankau vizitu http://www.esperantomobilo.org -
          > esperantumante tra Ameriko!
          > Bonvolu sendi por la pordisto, estas rano en mia
          > bideo!

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • William Patterson