Cisco Kid 37

  • Gary Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2012
      "How's my girl?" he asked, holding her close.
      > An dice, tem peri-braki fe: "Komo es mi gina?"

      "Sick of waiting so long for you, dear one," she answered.
      > Fe reakti: "Pato, kausa tali longi atende de tu, karo-pe.

      "My eyes are dim with always gazing into that devil's pincushion
      through which you come.
      > "Mi bi oku es debili, kausa panto-kron skope ad u-la spina-lo de diaboli; dia qi tu veni.

      "And I can see into it such a little way, too.
      > "Ko-co mi pote vide tali brevi in id.

      "But you are here, beloved one, and I will not scold.
      > "Anti-co tu es ci, mi ge-filo-an. Kausa-co mi ne dice kritici.

      "/Que mal muchacho/! not to come to see your /alma/ more often.
      > "Tali mali andro; qi ne freqe visita auto karo-fe!

      "Go in and rest, and let me water your horse and stake him with the long rope.
      > "Sti kine in la, e lase; mi dona hidro a tu equs, e fixa an per longi korda.

      "There is cool water in the jar for you."
      > "Es frigi hidro en vasa pro tu."

      The Kid kissed her affectionately.
      > U Juve-an filo oskula fe.

      "Not if the court knows itself do I let a lady stake my horse for
      me," said he.
      > "Ne si u judika grega dice tali, mi ne lice; u gina fixa mi equs.

      "But if you'll run in, /chica/, and throw a pot of coffee together
      while I attend to the /caballo/, I'll be a good deal obliged."