Re: A bi arti-pe

  • localhosed
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2012
      I could be wrong with some of this stuff. I try my best. I am glad you mentioned se and auto. Thanks.

      As for your sentence Gary, I guess..

      "Un an-bovi pa detekti u somni ju-leo e pa fora *SE* a-kron morta per auto kerati."

      sio semani..

      The bull detected the sleeping young lion and punctured itself to(until) death with (by means of) its own horn.

      Why 'auto' modifies the first an-bovi, I only guess (pertaining to Glosa usage), because the first an-bovi is the subject of the sentence.

      I have probably misused 'se' and 'auto' before. They were on my 'todo list'. I checked the 18 step guide. There were examples in step 13. Including "Mi qestio se" (I ask myself / I wonder)

      Ja, de u origi frase ex Ian : "Un an-bovi pa detekti u somni ju-leo e pa fora an a-kron morta per auto kerati. "

      Yeah, in the original sentence by Ian : ...

      posi semani : The bull detected the sleeping young lion and punctured him to(until) death with its horn. (by means of.. its own.. horn).

      Mi pre-nu puta; an-bovi ne fora se : Ka-co, mi ne puta u-ci 'an' (de ..leo e pa fora an..) semani "himself".

      I already knew/know that bull(s) don't puncture themselves : Therefore, I don't think this 'an' (in ..leo e pa fora an..) means "himself".

      But according to the dictionary, I guess 'an' here could mean 'himself'. Since 'an' includes the definition 'himself' . I don't know, is there a reason that it includes 'himself', instead of only limiting reflexive to 'se' and 'something sort of like genitive' to 'auto' ?
      But instead, the sentence could be made into two sentences.

      I guessed that Ian meant 'him' for 'an' instead of 'himself' for 'an', but I think I had to read until 'kerati' in order to get an idea of what the bull was doing, since I can imagine a bull with some kind of pointy device strapped to itself, but really, more confusion could come from more complex scenarios that aren't often in fables. I guess?

      Plus praxi ko mi tende translati :
      More practice with(along with) my intended translations:

      0.Un an-bovi pa detekti u somni ju-leo. U an-bovi fora ju-leo per auto kerati.

      The bull detected the sleeping young lion. (The) bull punctured (the) lion with (by means of) its (own) horn.

      1.Per auto kerati, u an-bovi pa fora u ju-leo.

      With (By means of) its (own) horn, the bull punctured the young lion.
      --------------------
      ero/xeno 1.a. U an-bovi pa detekti u ju-leo. U an-bovi pa fora an. (if 'an' couldn't mean 'himself', this would work)
      -------------------
      xeno 1.b. An-bovi pa detekti ju-leo. An-bovi pa fora se per auto kerati. (the bull punctured itself with its own horn....I don't know how it's possible, but that is what it says, I think.)
      -------------------
      2.Tende fora u ju-leo, u an-bovi uti auto kerati. U an-bovi sucede.

      In order to puncture the young lion, the bull uses (utilizes) its (own) horn. The bull succeeds.
      -------------------
      3.An-bovi fora ju-leo per an-bovi kerati.

      Bull punctures young lion with (by means of) bull's horn.
      -------------------
      3.xvii. An-bovi fora ju-leo per an-bovi auto kerati.
      Bull punctures young lion with (by means of) its own horn.

      At this point I am confused, maybe without good reason. Are the previous two sentences invalid Glosa?
      Is a glosa sentence supposed to have only one adverb-like word after the verblike word? Or in these two, are the parts 'per an-bovi kerati' valid adverbial phrases? Maybe long adverbial-like phrases tend to confuse things, and maybe that's why it would help to limit their length? I don't know...Mi qestio se....ad infiniti? (X elekti 'no-fini')

      posi : 3.xxi. Pa-di u mega an-bovi pa fora u mikro ju-leo rapidi; per auto kerati.
      Yesterday a large bull punctured a tiny young lion quickly by means of its own horn.

      Or maybe 'auto' here is not necessary with previous knowledge of : An-bovi uti auto kerati tende fora ali-ra.

      And so , E so, Ka-co :

      Pa-di u mega an-bovi pa fora u mikro ju-leo rapidi; per kerati.
      Panto ju-leo gene anastasia.

      Hmm! I didn't know that word had those roots. It changes my understanding of the female name Anastasia. It must be biblical.

      14,232. Mo an-bovi fu fora u hetero an-bovi per auto kerati.

      One bull will puncture another bull by means of its own horn.

      14,233. Per auto kerati, mo an-bovi fora u hetero an-bovi.

      et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

      23,800. Tende fora u hetero an-bovi, mo an-bovi uti auto kerati.

      23,910. Plu an-bovi qi pa gene fatiga de lukta; pa kine a u kinema.

      Qe tu puta de qo? Qe tu doxo? Tu puta qo? Tu puta de qo?
      Question : you think of what? Question : your opinion? You think what? You think of what?

      Id pa es qestio praxi plus.
      It was inquisitive practice also.

      Mi habe/es mega fatiga. Saluta/vale