Re: Is Economics Science?

  • dmgan106
    Message 1 of 3962 , Oct 1, 1999
      No, I don't want to start on that debate... What
      I meant was that the scenarios that Economists
      develop using the theory and evidence dug out by real
      scientists will then be used for policymaking. In most cases
      you want to take action now to ensure that the
      scenario definitely doesn't happen in the future. These
      are more like informed guesses than predictions. Once
      the alternatives are laid out, policymakers decide
      what to do with big money's and, I hope, the public's
      help.
    • Salvador Santayana
      Message 3962 of 3962 , Mar 5, 2008
        This group started in 1999 and got its first posting on volcanos in
        2001. BUT you got nothing nada on the underwater volcano that
        erupted or formed off Oregon Coast.

        Let me check if you got anything on NOAA.

        --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, shotsky1 wrote:

        > This is an interesting article which describes
        > the difficulty encountered in recreating a
        > temperature profile over the last century. Of course the
        > temperature profile is how we determine whether, and how
        > much, the global climate is changing. Very interesting
        > reading.<br><br><a
        href=http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm
        target=new>http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm</a><
        br><br>Summary:<br>The records of annual global surface temperature