Re: [Global Warming] High Gas Prices are good

  • Jim Blackler
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      From: greeeeeeeeeeenie
      To: globalwarming@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 4:12 PM
      Subject: [Global Warming] High Gas Prices are good

      What the world needs is a very large tax on gasoline ($5-$10 per
      gallon) ... I know I'm going to get a lot of hate mail on this

      Not from me. I agree. Incredibly unlikely to happen, though. In the UK in Summer 2000 there were pickets and blockades to _protest_ about high petrol prices.

    • agnes_w_32132
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        I read a brief article a few days ago that stated ships cause as much
        or more air pollution than vehicles. The common fuel for freighters
        is heavy diesel. With the advent of increased global trading as
        developing nations produce goods for sale around the world this is
        something that should be addressed.

        --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Blackler" <jblackler@c...>