ty moderator

  • bluridg_fun
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
      Thanks you. I joyed this communty to voice my concern and learn
      more, not to read hateful comments and foul language. Thanks for
      keeping on eye on things. I know everyone is busy in this life and
      has more to do than watch for childish behavior. Chat rooms are a
      better place for flamage and foul language...where the action is live
      and scrolls out of view quickly!

      --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, lasallia <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I have used moderator privileges to delete the posts containing foul
      > language. This included a couple of replies to the 'original
      sinner'
      > and I apologise to those of you who felt their comments were valid
      and
      > had not deleted the messages they were replying to. If you wish to
      > repeat your comments without including the expletives, please feel
      > free to do so.
    • tarh7777
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
        From his bio sketch, it is quite obvious that we lost someone who is
        in close contact with his enviroment and the consequences that
        enviromentalists pose with their screwy ideas. I do wish I could
        have known the man or at least his publications.

        I have been absent from this forum often and not familiar with all
        the posts that have been made but I do have a question. References
        have been made to "little ice ages" that have occurred in our past
        but has anyone referred to the affect of unrecorded volcanic
        eruptions and other siesmic activity causing periods of global cool?
        One that comes to mind for me was when Yellowstone blew some 376,000
        years ago and would probably have killed all large critters in North
        America including man if he lived there and caused what would have
        been called a nuclear winter for a number of years. And this would
        have been irrespective on CO2 content of the air.

        Ross
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
          There have been some such studies. I believe Yellowstone last erupted, though,
          about 640,000 years ago. It averages 600,000 years between eruptions, so it
          bears watching. Lots of activity going on there, including tipping of a lake so
          the water runs out one side...and trails that are now too hot to walk on, so
          they've been closed, Lots of earthquake activity lately too.

          Here is a ton of information on Yellowstone:
          http://www.earthmountainview.com/yellowstone/yellowstone.htm

          As far as a supervolcano affecting large animals, the last supervolcano to blow
          was Toba, about 75,000 years ago. It is estimated that the human population was
          reduced to some 5000 individuals, and that explains why we are so genetically
          alike.

          Here is some info on Toba...
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

          ~ John

          _____

          hero............................................

          From his bio sketch, it is quite obvious that we lost someone who is
          in close contact with his enviroment and the consequences that
          enviromentalists pose with their screwy ideas. I do wish I could
          have known the man or at least his publications.

          I have been absent from this forum often and not familiar with all
          the posts that have been made but I do have a question. References
          have been made to "little ice ages" that have occurred in our past
          but has anyone referred to the affect of unrecorded volcanic
          eruptions and other siesmic activity causing periods of global cool?
          One that comes to mind for me was when Yellowstone blew some 376,000
          years ago and would probably have killed all large critters in North
          America including man if he lived there and caused what would have
          been called a nuclear winter for a number of years. And this would
          have been irrespective on CO2 content of the air.

          Ross

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c8v0kj0/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/
          S=1705948926:HM/EXP=1075829714/A=1945638/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqs