Re: Agnes : nuclear waste storage

  • dmgan106
    Message 1 of 3962 , Mar 1, 2002
      Agnes said: <I have tried to access gov.
      websites to verify the accuracy but found they have been
      shut down.><br><br>I have also noticed that many of
      the links in my Favorites folder have gone dead
      lately. Sometimes the information has been moved, which
      is to be expected as web sites are updated, etc. but
      sometimes I haven't found anything to replace it. In other
      cases the information has not been updated for a long
      time. <br><br>Is temperature data, which is useless to
      terrorists, worth $40? Or is this an attempt to restrict its
      use? Am I paranoid or what?<br><br>And now
      it's possible for diligent citizens to cut through
      these deceptions � for example, you can read on the Web
      what the U.S. Geological Survey actually has to say
      about oil reserves in the Arctic. But I keep wondering
      when the administration will shut down those Web
      sites. After all, under John Ashcroft's new rules,
      agencies are no longer instructed to release information
      whenever possible; they're supposed to refuse requests to
      release information whenever there's a legal basis for
      doing so. And honest assessments of oil reserves in
      environmentally sensitive locations might be useful to terrorists
      � you never
      know."<br><br><a href=http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/01/opinion/01KRUG.html?pagewanted=print&position=bottom target=new>http://www.nytimes.com/2002/03/01/opinion/01KRUG.html?pagewanted=print&position=
      that I keep going back to, I will download it instead
      of bookmarking it.
    • Salvador Santayana
      Message 3962 of 3962 , Mar 5, 2008
        This group started in 1999 and got its first posting on volcanos in
        2001. BUT you got nothing nada on the underwater volcano that
        erupted or formed off Oregon Coast.

        Let me check if you got anything on NOAA.

        --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, shotsky1 wrote:

        > This is an interesting article which describes
        > the difficulty encountered in recreating a
        > temperature profile over the last century. Of course the
        > temperature profile is how we determine whether, and how
        > much, the global climate is changing. Very interesting
        > reading.<br><br><a
        href=http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm
        target=new>http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm</a><
        br><br>Summary:<br>The records of annual global surface temperature