Big oil, big government.

  • Lasallia
    Message 1 of 3962 , Aug 1, 2001
      Uhoh... they've got together again, only this
      time it's renewable.<br><br>"Manila eyes Japan loan
      for major wind power project Philippines: July 31,
      2001<br><br>MANILA - State-owned Philippine National Oil Co (PNOC)
      said yesterday its board had approved a proposal to
      secure a $54 million soft loan from Japan to partly fund
      what is billed to be the biggest wind power project in
      Southeast Asia. <br><br>The 40-megawatt power project is to
      be built by the oil firm's unit PNOC-Energy
      Development Corp.<br>The loan, from the the Japanese
      government's social yen loan package administered by the Japan
      Bank for International Cooperation, will finance the
      initial phase of the project in Ilocos Norte province in
      the northern Philippines, PNOC said in a
      statement.<br> "It is the first phase of the potential 120 MW
      power production from wind energy in the area. Its
      commercial operation is expected to start by 2004," Energy
      Secretary Vincent Perez said in a statement.<br> "Once
      completed, this will be the largest wind power project
      throughout South East Asia."<br><br>PNOC-EDC chairman Sergio
      Apostol told reporters the $54 million loan will have a
      maturity of 30 years, including 10 years grace period. It
      will have an interest rate of 0.3 percent each
      year.<br> Apostol said his company also planned to seek
      financial assistance for the remaining two phases of the
      project. He said phase two would need some $36 million and
      the third and last phase about $34 million.<br> The
      wind power project is part of the government's plan to
      develop new and renewable energy sources."
      capitAlism at it's best. I guess the free market will get
      there every time.
    • Salvador Santayana
      Message 3962 of 3962 , Mar 5 9:03 AM
        This group started in 1999 and got its first posting on volcanos in
        2001. BUT you got nothing nada on the underwater volcano that
        erupted or formed off Oregon Coast.

        Let me check if you got anything on NOAA.

        --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, shotsky1 wrote:

        > This is an interesting article which describes
        > the difficulty encountered in recreating a
        > temperature profile over the last century. Of course the
        > temperature profile is how we determine whether, and how
        > much, the global climate is changing. Very interesting
        > reading.<br><br><a
        href=http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm
        target=new>http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm</a><
        br><br>Summary:<br>The records of annual global surface temperature