Re: Cl??

  • liberty1776_2000
    Message 1 of 3962 , Jul 1, 2001
      Bremoon,<br><br>You're correct. Cl in the form of
      cholorine monoxide catalyses the reaction that destroys
      ozone and is not itself consumed in the process. The Cl
      continues to destroy ozone until natural processes remove
      it from the atmosphere.<br><br>You're also right
      about cooling and ozone. The depletion of ozone cools
      the stratosphere as predicted by climate models and
      verified by MSU satellite data. Unfortunately, the warming
      due to CO2 would occur at and near the surface in the
      troposphere. The cooling due to ozone delpletion won't have
      much impact on warming due to CO2.<br><br>Ken
    • Salvador Santayana
      Message 3962 of 3962 , Mar 5, 2008
        This group started in 1999 and got its first posting on volcanos in
        2001. BUT you got nothing nada on the underwater volcano that
        erupted or formed off Oregon Coast.

        Let me check if you got anything on NOAA.

        --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, shotsky1 wrote:

        > This is an interesting article which describes
        > the difficulty encountered in recreating a
        > temperature profile over the last century. Of course the
        > temperature profile is how we determine whether, and how
        > much, the global climate is changing. Very interesting
        > reading.<br><br><a
        href=http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm
        target=new>http://www.microtech.com.au/daly/graytemp/surftemp.htm</a><
        br><br>Summary:<br>The records of annual global surface temperature