Re: Simple Climate poll part 2: One-liners and metaphors

  • ralejhans
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
      --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, "HappyChopperRecords" <happychopperrecords@...> wrote:

      > Vote for your favourite from six more scientists' attempts to help me clearly communicate climate change, and discuss how effective they are at: http://wp.me/pLahN-ng

      Of the six, Tony Davy is my favorite when he adds, "...conjunction with other factors,..." to the essentially repetitive "It's CO2". Therefore, if write-in candidates are allowed I'll add my short.."It's the Sun, plus a lot of other stuff that we only partially understand". Will this meet the 15 second attention span of the people that this poll seems to cater to?

      Richard Hanson
    • lloydb
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2010
        And it is worth noting that the recent solar minimum saw the sun's variation go 30% farther than they assumed possible...so by their mentality if the total solar irradiance is ALL of the sun's contribution, it has about 30% more impact than they thought (which probably works out to .25C instead of .2C...but again, that's assuming there's nothing going on but raw TSI)