Extracting urine in the name of climate research

  • HappyChopperRecords
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
      50,000-year old animal toilets are in fact sensitive measures of prehistoric climate, says Brian Chase, from the Institute of Evolutionary Sciences in Montpellier, France. Read more at: http://wp.me/pLahN-kx
    • lloydb
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2010
        This is something I've pointed out repeatedly. It is only in the fantasy world of models that the world dries on warming. All the rest of the evidence indicates that generally..desertification declines with warming. We also run into the curious case of people spouting nonsensical crap about the arctic regions doing poorly with warming...while all actual evidence points to...you guessed it...increased productivity with warming. None of this takes into account the HUGE boost most plants get from additional CO2.

        About the only change we should expect from the (minor) CO2 forced warming...is increased prosperity and a healthier biosphere. I find it odd that neo-environmentalists fight tooth and nail to retain the life oppressing cold and ice.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
          You need to figure out you're arguing here Lloyd. Is it that warming's not happening - or that warming is happening, but it's not bad?

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2010
            You seem to be unable to differentiate between warming and damage. As my father used to joke..."Do you walk to school or carry your lunch?" Notice, walking to school and carrying your lunch don't necessarily have to go together.

            Let me put it this way so its simpler for you...

            The earth has warmed over the last couple of hundred years.

            The amount of warming that can be attributed to man is difficult to nail down BUT it is likely that AT LEAST HALF of recent warming (since about 1980) was part of a natural cycle/cycles (The PDO, AMO, AO, NAO and solar activity were all in modes that would cause warming)

            Then as a general statement of fact...all ACTUAL DATA indicates that on a global scale the world and most life on it generally benefits from warming

            Now...I have no idea which way temperatures will go for the next 100 years. I do indeed HOPE that they either go up or at the very least remain level...because I know that cooling in general is bad.

            On shorter time scales (30-50 years), I am quite confident that temperatures will at the very least remain level and more that likely drop. I'm not ruling out warming entirely but it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that the next 30 years will see any statistically significant warming.