Jail for Enron's Kenny Boy

  • dmgan106
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      Enron's executives are going to jail for accounting gimmickry and
      financial fraud but let's not forget their role in the California
      Energy Crisis, which was put to such good use by President Bush. A
      full accounting of all that is yet to come. What we do know is that
      Bush used the fake California energy crisis to gut the Clean Air Act
      and to renege on his campaign promise to deal with global warming.

      "For example, circumstances have changed since the campaign. We're
      now in an energy crisis. And that's why I decided to not have
      mandatory caps on CO2, because in order to meet those caps, our
      nation would have had to have had a lot of natural gas immediately
      flow into the system, which is impossible. We don't have the
      infrastructure able to move natural gas."
      Statement by President Bush during a March 29, 2001 press conference.
      http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/03/20010329.html
      http://www.rollingstone.com/nationalaffairs/?p=163

      See also:
      http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/28/weekinreview/28berenson.html