Fwd: Re: [Global Warming] Re:PS: Blowing the whistle on climate change: art icles

  • tarh7777
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25 7:19 PM
      If I could remember who they were I sure as hell would not tell you.
      That was the reason they were as secreative as they were. :) I will
      be sending you a private letter telling you about what I did.
      Ross

      --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Neuman" <npat1@...> wrote:

      > Ross,
      >
      > I would appreciate learning about which NWS offices (locations)
      you had
> [...]
      >
      > -- tarh7777 no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > > Your conclusions were the exact opposite of what I got
      > > when I talked to your NWS colleagues. In conversations
      > > they would give me the current line from their powers
      > > that be,... Then they would look over their shoulder
      > > to see who was nearby and then say they didn't believe
      > > that GW was anything more than a statistical fluke.
      >

      > Ross,
      >
      > NWS staff have been telling the public that ...
      >
      > "they didn't believe that GW was anything more than a statistical
      > fluke."
      >
      > ... since before Bush became President (Jan. 2001).
      >
      > NWS people continued to give the public that GW is a fluke line for
      many
      > years, until the day I was fired in 2005.
      >
      > I spent my entire career as a hydrologist for NWS, 29 years, right
      out
      > of college, preparing spring snowmelt flood outlooks for the Upper
      > Midwest, hydrologic modeling and flood prediction.
      >
      > After the NWS office moved from Minneapolis to Chanhassen, MN for
      it's
      > implementation of doppler radars and reorganization, and after my
      > daughters graduated from highschool, I moved from St. Paul to
      > Chanhassen, MN so I could bike and walk to work. Had I known earlier
      > that I would be fired for my position on climate change and global
      > warming, we (my wife came too) would not have moved here.
      >
      > Pat Neuman
      > Chanhassen, MN
      >

      > -- tarh7777 no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Your conclusions were the exact opposite of what I got when I talked
      > to your NWS colleagues. In conversations they would give me the
      > current line from their powers that be, (Gore was the intellectual
      > guru at the time) Then they would look over their shoulder to see
      > who was nearby and then say they didn't believe that GW was anything
      > more than a statistical fluke. You in the NWS are not in entire
      > agreement and I have no problem with that but NWS should be as non
      > political agency as there could be. Shame it isn't.
      >
      > In a recent post you asked who the hell was tarh7777. Well to answer
      > your question, everything you need to know is in my profile except
      my
      > shoe size; and that is a 11D. My academic credentials are at least
      > equal to yours. You should be at least trying to seek the truth
      > rather than a political point of view. That is what you are paid
      for.

      > Ross
      >
      > - In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Neuman" npat1@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Blowing the whistle on climate change: articles
      > >

      > > 1.
      > >
      > > Public disclosure - govenment agency says "no global warming
      > problem"
      > > 15 Nov 2003, Colorado Independent Media Center
      > > by Pat Neuman, Chanhassen, MN
      > >
      > > Excerpts
      > >
      > > Public Disclosure - National Weather Service(NWS), report by
      Senior

      http://colorado.indymedia.org/newswire/display/7046/index.php#Comment
      > > -13237
      > >

      > > 2.
      > >
      > > Blowing the whistle on climate change: Interview with Rick Piltz
      > > June 22, 2005, Environmental Science and Technology (ES&T)
      > > by Paul D. Thacker
      > >
      > > Excerpts
      > >
      > > For 10 years, Rick Piltz worked for the U.S. federal program that
      > > coordinates global climate change research for NASA, the U.S. EPA,
      > > the National Science Foundation, and other federal agencies. ...
      > >
      > > But earlier this year, Piltz—tired of climate change science being
      > > misused and abused—quit his job and started talking to the
      > press. ...
      > >
      > > In this interview with ES&T, Piltz talks about the White House's
      > > suppression of science and the National Assessment, the failure of
      > > journalists to cover the science of climate change, ...
      > >
      > > Rick Piltz: The most recent edition of the Our Changing Planet
      > > report to Congress had content pulled out solely because it could
      > > cause embarrassment for the White House during last year's
      election.

      > > Rick Piltz: People don't want to have problems with their bosses;
      > > people don't want to have problems with their budgets. It's
      > > something that almost works by osmosis. Everybody knows it but
      > > doesn't talk about it.
      > >
      > > Paul Thacker: What could happen to people for speaking up or
      > talking
      > > to the press?
      > >
      > > Rick Piltz: ... They're concerned that if they are seen as a
      > > dissident . . . it's career-limiting. And people who are like that
      > > never even make it into these positions; they get weeded out
      > earlier in their careers. ...
      > >
      > > http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/esthag-
      > > w/2005/jun/policy/pt_piltz.html
      > >
      > > Pat Neuman, Chanhassen, MN
      > > Update - Temperature plots (1888-2005) for public view at:
      > > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/patneuman2000/my_photos
      > >

      > --- End forwarded message ---

    • lasallia
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25 7:32 PM
        Well now we're all racked with curiousity. And chagrin. We have
        Ross making wild claims and refusing to back them up and we have
        Heinz going off on a completely irrelevant tangent (again) about a
        journalist that is nothing to do with any comment on here,

        Come on guys, enough obfuscation.