Fwd: Re: [Global Warming] Re:PS: Blowing the whistle on climate change: art icles

  • tarh7777
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2006
      If I could remember who they were I sure as hell would not tell you.
      That was the reason they were as secreative as they were. :) I will
      be sending you a private letter telling you about what I did.
      Ross

      --- In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Neuman" <npat1@...> wrote:

      > Ross,
      >
      > I would appreciate learning about which NWS offices (locations)
      you had
> [...]
      >
      > -- tarh7777 no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > > Your conclusions were the exact opposite of what I got
      > > when I talked to your NWS colleagues. In conversations
      > > they would give me the current line from their powers
      > > that be,... Then they would look over their shoulder
      > > to see who was nearby and then say they didn't believe
      > > that GW was anything more than a statistical fluke.
      >

      > Ross,
      >
      > NWS staff have been telling the public that ...
      >
      > "they didn't believe that GW was anything more than a statistical
      > fluke."
      >
      > ... since before Bush became President (Jan. 2001).
      >
      > NWS people continued to give the public that GW is a fluke line for
      many
      > years, until the day I was fired in 2005.
      >
      > I spent my entire career as a hydrologist for NWS, 29 years, right
      out
      > of college, preparing spring snowmelt flood outlooks for the Upper
      > Midwest, hydrologic modeling and flood prediction.
      >
      > After the NWS office moved from Minneapolis to Chanhassen, MN for
      it's
      > implementation of doppler radars and reorganization, and after my
      > daughters graduated from highschool, I moved from St. Paul to
      > Chanhassen, MN so I could bike and walk to work. Had I known earlier
      > that I would be fired for my position on climate change and global
      > warming, we (my wife came too) would not have moved here.
      >
      > Pat Neuman
      > Chanhassen, MN
      >

      > -- tarh7777 no_reply@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Your conclusions were the exact opposite of what I got when I talked
      > to your NWS colleagues. In conversations they would give me the
      > current line from their powers that be, (Gore was the intellectual
      > guru at the time) Then they would look over their shoulder to see
      > who was nearby and then say they didn't believe that GW was anything
      > more than a statistical fluke. You in the NWS are not in entire
      > agreement and I have no problem with that but NWS should be as non
      > political agency as there could be. Shame it isn't.
      >
      > In a recent post you asked who the hell was tarh7777. Well to answer
      > your question, everything you need to know is in my profile except
      my
      > shoe size; and that is a 11D. My academic credentials are at least
      > equal to yours. You should be at least trying to seek the truth
      > rather than a political point of view. That is what you are paid
      for.

      > Ross
      >
      > - In globalwarming@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Neuman" npat1@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Blowing the whistle on climate change: articles
      > >

      > > 1.
      > >
      > > Public disclosure - govenment agency says "no global warming
      > problem"
      > > 15 Nov 2003, Colorado Independent Media Center
      > > by Pat Neuman, Chanhassen, MN
      > >
      > > Excerpts
      > >
      > > Public Disclosure - National Weather Service(NWS), report by
      Senior

      http://colorado.indymedia.org/newswire/display/7046/index.php#Comment
      > > -13237
      > >

      > > 2.
      > >
      > > Blowing the whistle on climate change: Interview with Rick Piltz
      > > June 22, 2005, Environmental Science and Technology (ES&T)
      > > by Paul D. Thacker
      > >
      > > Excerpts
      > >
      > > For 10 years, Rick Piltz worked for the U.S. federal program that
      > > coordinates global climate change research for NASA, the U.S. EPA,
      > > the National Science Foundation, and other federal agencies. ...
      > >
      > > But earlier this year, Piltz—tired of climate change science being
      > > misused and abused—quit his job and started talking to the
      > press. ...
      > >
      > > In this interview with ES&T, Piltz talks about the White House's
      > > suppression of science and the National Assessment, the failure of
      > > journalists to cover the science of climate change, ...
      > >
      > > Rick Piltz: The most recent edition of the Our Changing Planet
      > > report to Congress had content pulled out solely because it could
      > > cause embarrassment for the White House during last year's
      election.

      > > Rick Piltz: People don't want to have problems with their bosses;
      > > people don't want to have problems with their budgets. It's
      > > something that almost works by osmosis. Everybody knows it but
      > > doesn't talk about it.
      > >
      > > Paul Thacker: What could happen to people for speaking up or
      > talking
      > > to the press?
      > >
      > > Rick Piltz: ... They're concerned that if they are seen as a
      > > dissident . . . it's career-limiting. And people who are like that
      > > never even make it into these positions; they get weeded out
      > earlier in their careers. ...
      > >
      > > http://pubs.acs.org/subscribe/journals/esthag-
      > > w/2005/jun/policy/pt_piltz.html
      > >
      > > Pat Neuman, Chanhassen, MN
      > > Update - Temperature plots (1888-2005) for public view at:
      > > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/patneuman2000/my_photos
      > >

      > --- End forwarded message ---

    • lasallia
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2006
        Well now we're all racked with curiousity. And chagrin. We have
        Ross making wild claims and refusing to back them up and we have
        Heinz going off on a completely irrelevant tangent (again) about a
        journalist that is nothing to do with any comment on here,

        Come on guys, enough obfuscation.