4506Re: [globalvillages] The letter from Yakutia (Siberia, Russia)

  • Kevin Carson
    May 15, 2013
      On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM, anna_lucky4olenek
      <anna_lucky4olenek@...> wrote:

      "There are many small villages in Yakutia. This year devoted to
      development of village by decree of our President. They are needed to
      develop. Now I am searching about the examples, experience about the
      development villages by experience of Global Villages network. Could
      you write about your experience, work, thoughts, wishes about Global
      villages network. What do you think that is it possible to do some
      projects in such cold weather like Yakutia?"

      You might also check out open-source hardware/micromanufacturing
      projects like Open Source Ecology, hackerspaces, etc., for very
      low-cost machine tools that can bootstrap a local industrial economy
      in places with very little capital.

      Kevin Carson
      Senior Fellow, Karl Hess Scholar in Social Theory

      "You have no authority that we are bound to respect" -- John Perry Barlow
      "We are legion. We never forgive. We never forget. Expect us" -- Anonymous

      Homebrew Industrial Revolution: A Low-Overhead Manifesto
      Desktop Regulatory State http://desktopregulatorystate.wordpress.com
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic