      From: Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...>
      To: globalvillages@yahoogroups.com; livingbytruth@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, February 9, 2013 7:51 PM
      Subject: [globalvillages] My house in the Lithuanian village

      Hi Franz and all,

      I signed an agreement to purchase this house in the village of Eiciunai,
      in the Lithuanian countryside:
      http://domo.plius.lt/skelbimai/parduodamas-gyvenamasis-namas-alytaus-r-sav-eiciunuose-1616927.html
      Here it is in Google Streetfinder:
      http://goo.gl/maps/5vbmAhttp://www.traidenis.lt/en/

      I will live here in Fall and Winter, and live in Englewood, Chicago in
      Spring and Summer.

      So I'm asking myself "global village" questions, especially about how to
      renovate the house.  Currently, there is no indoor toilet.  A typical
      solution is to put in a cesspool tank for about 500 euros. When the tank
      fills up, you call a truck to have it drained.  The problem is that you
      have to be very thrifty about using water so that as little as possible
      goes into the tank.

      Another solution is to clean the water yourself.  I'm curious what
      systems we know about that I should consider.  Here in the neighboring
      city of Alytus there is a business that makes such systems:
      http://www.traidenis.lt/en/

      So I will be asking this and other questions.  I appreciate our help!

      P.S. Greetings from Nuremburg, Bavaria, Germany!  I'm on a road trip
      with my father to visit the towns where he grew up as a boy in
      Lithuanian refugee camps after World War II:  Scheinfeld, Weissenberg
      and Swaebische Gmeund.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      ms@...
      http://www.selflearners.net

      ------------------------------------

      ====================

      About this list;

      Global Villages (Network) is a network of people that think something called "Global Villages" is desireable and possible and they want to work for it.

      Global Villages stems from the idea of a positive exchange of energy between the city and the village, the idea of a dyadic world where each side  profits enormously from the counterpart.  The core idea is promoting a  new economic logic of extending or creating kinds of "household  economies" to whole villages -  and have those empowered villages  cooperate globally, with cities as hubs of services and inventions, but also increasingly among themselves.

      The purpose of this global cooperation is primarily the improvement of a local cooperative lifebase - virtually anywhere. Cooperation thus means exchange of knowledge, joint research and development, sharing network effects, but also direct buildup support out of a positive self - interest: the more Global Villages exist, the bigger the knowledge base, the higher the standards they can aim at.

      * The topic of this list is to conceive and to prepare to build Global Villages - technologically, ecologically, psychologically, sociologically, architecturewise, philosophically.

      * Each letter sent to globalvillages@yahoogroups.com enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN whenever it does not state otherwise.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: