4494My house in the Lithuanian village

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Feb 9, 2013
      Hi Franz and all,

      I signed an agreement to purchase this house in the village of Eiciunai,
      in the Lithuanian countryside:
      http://domo.plius.lt/skelbimai/parduodamas-gyvenamasis-namas-alytaus-r-sav-eiciunuose-1616927.html
      Here it is in Google Streetfinder:
      http://goo.gl/maps/5vbmAhttp://www.traidenis.lt/en/

      I will live here in Fall and Winter, and live in Englewood, Chicago in
      Spring and Summer.

      So I'm asking myself "global village" questions, especially about how to
      renovate the house. Currently, there is no indoor toilet. A typical
      solution is to put in a cesspool tank for about 500 euros. When the tank
      fills up, you call a truck to have it drained. The problem is that you
      have to be very thrifty about using water so that as little as possible
      goes into the tank.

      Another solution is to clean the water yourself. I'm curious what
      systems we know about that I should consider. Here in the neighboring
      city of Alytus there is a business that makes such systems:
      http://www.traidenis.lt/en/

      So I will be asking this and other questions. I appreciate our help!

      P.S. Greetings from Nuremburg, Bavaria, Germany! I'm on a road trip
      with my father to visit the towns where he grew up as a boy in
      Lithuanian refugee camps after World War II: Scheinfeld, Weissenberg
      and Swaebische Gmeund.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      ms@...