Re: Hello!

  • Hak
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21 4:56 AM
      Hi Nikki,

      I think we are all adults, you can ask whatever it is choosing the
      appropriate way to explain it.

      By the way, if you received a very nasty e-mail, keep in mind there
      are 1-2 weirdos out there. In fact there's one guy, I would suggest
      you don't reply to his e-mails because he's some wacko stalker of
      Lady Kier... That might explain the e-mail...

      --- In globaldeeelitefans@yahoogroups.com, "Nikki" <pickums1283@...>
      wrote:

      > Also....well, this is going to sound really strange and I am still
      > very hesitant to bring this up for fear of any backlash, but
      earlier
      > today I received a pretty nasty email from someone and I'm not
      sure if
      > what he stated about Miss Kier is true and while I researched it
      > through google and yahoo, I found nothing to prove what he said as
      > true. I admit I am scared to bring it up for fear of backlash, so I
      > was just wondering what type of appropriate questions are allowed
      > be asked? It has nothing to do with sexual orientation or attitude
      or
      > drug use or anything and I don't want to know to be nosy or
      > disrespectful, but if this person is making up lies and bashing
      her, I
      > would like to let him know he is wrong because she doesn't deserve
      it.

      > Thanks again!
      >
      > Love, Nikki

    • Nikki
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 21 10:21 AM
        Hi Hak:

        Thanks for replying. I didn't want to offend anyone with stating about
        getting backlash about it. I have just seen plenty of forums where
        people have asked about similar topics and some of the things that
        were said back were pretty nasty.

        Now, the hard part is trying to explain it in an appropriate way. The
        email said and I quote (apologies for any offensive language) "nice 2
        see u worshipping som American hating red headed Barbie doll made of
        all plastic n fake t***"

        Thanks,
        Nikki
        --- In globaldeeelitefans@yahoogroups.com, "Hak" <hakan@...> wrote:

        > Hi Nikki,
        >
        > I think we are all adults, you can ask whatever it is choosing the
        > appropriate way to explain it.
        >
        > By the way, if you received a very nasty e-mail, keep in mind there
        > are 1-2 weirdos out there. In fact there's one guy, I would suggest
        > you don't reply to his e-mails because he's some wacko stalker of
        > Lady Kier... That might explain the e-mail...
      • hard worker
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 21 5:15 PM
          hi guys new on here and was wondering if any one knew where to get deee lite clothing???? my tour t shirt is starting to show its age and want to put it away so it will last... and find another dee lite t shirt to take its place..:)
          paul.

          Find out: SEEK Salary Centre Are you paid what you're worth?
        • Hak
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22 4:00 AM
            Kier, as far as I know, is against what is happening in Iraq and does
            not like the idea of American troops being there. She's American
            herself. She's not the only American who's against the troops being
            there, so it does not make sense to say she hates America. Some would
            argue just the opposite, it depends on what your political views are.

            Plastic? I very highly doubt that just knowing Kier's personality. As
            far as the Brabie doll comment, I thought Kier was gorgeous but Deee-
            Lite didn't become famous for her shaking her ass to the camera or
            anything. They got attention because they were different and made good
            music. Looking at the pop scene and everything, it would be quite
            unfair to say Kier is something she isn't.

            wrote:
            > Now, the hard part is trying to explain it in an appropriate way. The
            > email said and I quote (apologies for any offensive language) "nice
            2
            > see u worshipping som American hating red headed Barbie doll made of
            > all plastic n fake t***"
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Nikki
          • Nikki
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 22 6:06 PM
              I certainly do not think of her as an American hater because if her
              beliefs constitute someone as an American hater, then that makes me
              and pretty much everyone I know haters too and it's not true. My
              political beliefs are pretty much the same as hers and I am very much
              against the war. And everything else stated in the email (plastic
              surgery, breast implants) is more than likely not true? I didn't
              believe it, but just wanted to double check before replying to this
              person (who I actually think is someone I know it- just so happened to
              come right after we got into a huge argument over women's rights). I
              don't like to see people slander her for no reason (it's bad enough
              seeing all the mean stuff people say on other sites about her gaining
              weight. So what? Or in response to the Sega case.).

              Also, has anyone heard anything new on Dmitry? I can't find any
              information on him, besides that he is DJ'ing. I even went to the site
              address listed in the Best Of CD and all it did is take me to his
              Wikipedia entry, which has a picture of him from 2004, and I did find
              a Myspace page (www.myspace.com/supadjdmitry), which seems like it is
              really his (and barely makes any mention of Deee-Lite :( ) but that's
              it really.

              Thanks again and sorry for bringing up any negativity with that email.

              Love,
              Nikki

              --- In globaldeeelitefans@yahoogroups.com, "Hak" <hakan@...> wrote:

              > Kier, as far as I know, is against what is happening in Iraq and does
              > not like the idea of American troops being there. She's American
              > herself. She's not the only American who's against the troops being
              > there, so it does not make sense to say she hates America. Some would
              > argue just the opposite, it depends on what your political views are.
              >
              > Plastic? I very highly doubt that just knowing Kier's personality. As
              > far as the Brabie doll comment, I thought Kier was gorgeous but Deee-
              > Lite didn't become famous for her shaking her ass to the camera or
              > anything. They got attention because they were different and made good
              > music. Looking at the pop scene and everything, it would be quite
              > unfair to say Kier is something she isn't.
            • Igor
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 22 6:22 PM
                Last I heard Dmitry had a CD - Stream of Consciousness?
                Not a bad DJ CD too. But I haven't heard anything after that.

                to that other matter. I'm in Australia, so (I'd like to believe) I see the full (or fuller) picture of everything.
                One thing I know, the current president is a joke.
                Secondly, I admire any american that can stand up against their government and voice their concerns.
                The gov should be working for the people, not against them!!

                I admire Kier because I believe in what she believes. She wants humanity to live and work together peacefully. She has always promoted that view, especially during the Deee-Lite years. I mean they represented the 3 big players in the world: America, Russia and Japan.
                That was also one of the reasons why I love them so much (as Deee-Lite). It is such a pity that they will never come back together again :(
                I have been following Towa, and he has some great stuff.
                I'm looking forward to Kier's new album. Hopefully won't take too much longer :)
                Perhaps Kier can be a pioneer again, and set up some sort of self distribution system!
                Where we can buy the physical album and also download it etc
                I would love to see something like that. The music labels have lost their touch. In fact, I think they are becoming irrelevant with the way they treat artists (real artists! not fakes like Britney or other  manufactured artists) and consumers (e.g. all this DRM rubbish).

                Anyway, enough ranting from me :p

                Take care

                Igor

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 23 11:19 PM
                  Hi Igor:

                  Thanks for replying. I did hear of Dmitry's CD; haven't gotten any
                  chance to listen to it yet or anything, though. I heard brief songs
                  off of his Myspace page and they sound pretty good.

                  Ha, no offense to anyone political wise, but joke is not even the word
                  to describe Bush. Many people I come across just brush off whatever I
                  say when it comes to politics ("oh, she's only 24 years old; what does
                  she know?!"; my own grandfather is notorious for saying this), but I
                  am not stupid. I pay attention. And I will never, ever understand how
                  he got back in office.

                  Lady Miss Kier is just incredible. As I got to know more about her and
                  discovered how much our beliefs coincide (against the war, pro-choice,
                  etc), I liked her more and more. She is beautiful, both inside and
                  outside. It is sad that they will never come together again; I envy
                  all of you who got to enjoy them when they were together! ;)

                  I don't know what is going on with music labels today, but much of the
                  music is awful! It seems like so much is just based on looks anymore.
                  It's like, who cares if the person is talented as long as they are
                  pretty! Paris Hilton? Tila Tequila? Everyone with a contract through
                  Disney? Come on now. I think of all the artists in the past who it
                  took years to get record deals (Deee-Lite was one, weren't they? or am
                  I mistaken?) and now so many are just handed them like candy and it
                  makes me so mad. And some of the music released today I find to be so
                  degrading when you listen to the lyrics. There are very few artists I
                  can listen to today. The only people of today I really listen to is
                  German DJ Paul van Dyk and I am just starting to get into Filo & Peri.

                  I just received my copy of "Infinity Within" today (as well as had
                  both of friend requests to Lady Miss Kier and Dmitry accepted on
                  Myspace which, call me corny, but just totally made my day) so I am
                  looking forward to getting to know more of their music.

                  Have a good day,
                  Nikki