How to crop?

  • koldbrew2
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
      I'm real green at this program and need to crop a county out of a
      state map, how or where can I find how to do this?
      I'm using a NED background overlayed by county shapefile.
      thanks,
      Carl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
        Carl,

        If you have both the NED loaded and the county Shapefile (with the counties
        as area features), you just need to select the county area to crop to with
        either the Feature Info or Digitizer Tool, then start your export using the
        appropriate File->Export Raster and Elevation Data menu command, then on the
        Export Bounds tab select the option to crop to the selected area feature(s)
        to do the export cropped to the county area.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
          Don't know how far back this goes, but using GM10 you can export a
          raster image to selected area bounds. If you have an area of your
          county load it over your NED dem. Using the digitizer tool, select
          the county area. Then use file|export raster and on the bounds tab
          choose "selected area bounds."

          --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "koldbrew2" <koldbrew2@...> wrote:

          > I'm real green at this program and need to crop a county out of a
          > state map, how or where can I find how to do this?
          > I'm using a NED background overlayed by county shapefile.
          > thanks,
          > Carl

        • koldbrew2
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2009
            --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "Global Mapper Support"
            <global_mapper@...> wrote:

            > Carl,
            >

            > If you have both the NED loaded and the county Shapefile (with the
            counties
            > as area features), you just need to select the county area to crop
            to with
            > either the Feature Info or Digitizer Tool, then start your export
            using the
            > appropriate File->Export Raster and Elevation Data menu command,
            then on the
            > Export Bounds tab select the option to crop to the selected area
            feature(s)
            > to do the export cropped to the county area.
            >

            > Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

            > support@...

            That was so easy it makes me feel stupid.
            I thank you very much.
            Carl