GPS Information Window

  • bpmhutch
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
      When sighting Whales or Dolphins, whilst surveying in the Bay of
      Biscay, we quickly need to log the Latitude and Longitude. Is it
      possible to increase the font size of the Lat/Lon in the GPS
      Information window to make it easier to read?

      Peter
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        Peter,

        I would suggest just using the GPS->Mark Waypoint menu command (or use the
        Ctrl+M shortcut) to mark a waypoint rather than manually logging the
        position. That way you'll have a point feature marked with the exact
        coordinates that you can then export later if you need to.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008

          Our computer on the bridge is not very reliable so we record paper
          records. We normally get Lat/Lon from the computer (linked to the
          ship's GPS) but can use the ships own readout as fallback. During a
          survey as soon as a sighting happens the Lat/Lon is written down. Not
          very efficient but very reliable!! Any chance of changing an ini file
          or similar?

          Peter

          --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "Global Mapper Support"

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
            Peter,

            Ok, I understand now. I have gone ahead and increased the font size of the
            lat/lon display. I have placed a new build at
            http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to
            try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing
            v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

            Our computer on the bridge is not very reliable so we record paper
            records. We normally get Lat/Lon from the computer (linked to the
            ship's GPS) but can use the ships own readout as fallback. During a
            survey as soon as a sighting happens the Lat/Lon is written down. Not
            very efficient but very reliable!! Any chance of changing an ini file
            or similar?

            Peter

            --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:global_mapper%40yahoogroups.com> , "Global Mapper Support"
            <global_mapper@...> wrote:

            > Peter,
            >

            > I would suggest just using the GPS->Mark Waypoint menu command (or
            use the
            > Ctrl+M shortcut) to mark a waypoint rather than manually logging the
            > position. That way you'll have a point feature marked with the exact
            > coordinates that you can then export later if you need to.
            >

            > Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

            > support@...
            >

            > From: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:global_mapper%40yahoogroups.com>
            > When sighting Whales or Dolphins, whilst surveying in the Bay of
            > Biscay, we quickly need to log the Latitude and Longitude. Is it
            > possible to increase the font size of the Lat/Lon in the GPS
            > Information window to make it easier to read?
            >
            > Peter

          • bpmhutch
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2008

              What can I say? Above and beyond the call of duty, thank you so much.
              I'll let you know how we get on. If you are interested
              http://www.biscay-dolphin.org.uk/biscay/index.html. Again, thank you.