Problem with exported heightfield borders

  • monkschain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      Hi Mike, I think there might be a problem when cropping a dem export
      to a vector bounds. This sounds similar to the kml post.

      I've imported a ter (span = 1200m - 7000m) from GM into L3DT (and
      other aps). Bringing up the height info, it gives min = 0, max = 9958,
      and % above sea level = 99%.

      % above sea level should be 100% . When you mouse over the heightfield
      there is nowhere on the map anywhere near to o alt- though when I
      zoomed right in in Wilbur I could spot a 1 pixel border at 0 alt. I
      think there is a border (on at least one side) set to 0 alt. I think
      this also happens with hf2 export as well; I had a similar problem
      last week.

      monks
    • monkschain
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
        Yup, the new build has fixed it!

        monks

        --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "monkschain" <lingardc@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mike, I think there might be a problem when cropping a dem export
        > to a vector bounds. This sounds similar to the kml post.
        >
        > I've imported a ter (span = 1200m - 7000m) from GM into L3DT (and
        > other aps). Bringing up the height info, it gives min = 0, max = 9958,
        > and % above sea level = 99%.
        >
        > % above sea level should be 100% . When you mouse over the heightfield
        > there is nowhere on the map anywhere near to o alt- though when I
        > zoomed right in in Wilbur I could spot a 1 pixel border at 0 alt. I
        > think there is a border (on at least one side) set to 0 alt. I think
        > this also happens with hf2 export as well; I had a similar problem
        > last week.
        >
        > monks

      • monkschain
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
          May have spoke too soon. Not sure if this has fixed it. It's been a
          long day. Will test it tomorrow.