Enhancment Request: Feature Info Tool

  • Brent Fraser
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007

      Would it be possible to have the Feature Info Tool cycle
      through the objects within the search range of
      of the cursor? Right now it looks like it gives me the
      [same] first (or closest?) object found every time I click
      the mouse (with the cursor in the same spot).

      I suppose I could zoom in to where it would be
      un-ambiguous which object I'm interested in, but if I've got
      a lot of raster loaded, zooming in then out takes a lot of
      time.

      Thanks!
      Brent Fraser
      GeoAnalytic Inc.
      Calgary, Alberta
    • James Nicholson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
        Brent,
        Trying to beat Mike to the punch. Feature Info Tool does cycle if you use right-click. First select with left-click and then when you right-click, it cycles through the adjacent features.

        Jim Nicholson

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
          Brent,

          It already does that. Just click the right mouse button to cycle through the
          nearby objects after left clicking a search location in the Feature Info
          tool.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
            Sheesh! Some day I'll make a feature request that doesn't
            already exist! Thanks...

            Brent Fraser
            GeoAnalytic Inc.
            Calgary, Alberta

            > Trying to beat Mike to the punch. Feature Info Tool does
            cycle if you use right-click. First select with left-click
            and then when you right-click, it cycles through the
            adjacent features.

            > Jim Nicholson

            Tool