Re: [global_mapper] Creating a raster buffer from vector polygons

  • Marco Gualdrini
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2007
      From: "Global Mapper Support" <global_mapper@...>
      To: <global_mapper@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 8:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [global_mapper] Creating a raster buffer from vector polygons

      > Marco,
      >
      > Your approach sounds reasonable, although you would need a border width of
      > 20 to get 10 pixels on either side of the line.

      I see. Unfortunately it seems that Global Mapper allows only a border of 10
      pixels. Can this be solved in another way?
      Thank you very much in advance.

      Regards
      Marco Gualdrini

      Italy
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2007
        Carlos,

        When generating an elevation grid from 3D vector data, Global Mapper first uses Delaunay triangulation to triangulate the points, then samples those triangles into a regular elevation grid. By default, bilinear interpolation is enabled for display of the generated grid, but you can disable that to get nearest neighbor to be used. The gridding method is not configurable.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2007
          Marco,

          I went ahead and made area border styles allow widths up to 30 to cover your needs. I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 8 with the change at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper8.zip . Simply download that file and extract the contents over your existing v8.xx installation to give it a try.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
            > I went ahead and made area border styles allow widths up to 30 to cover
            > your needs. I have placed a new build of Global Mapper 8 with the change
            > at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper8.zip . Simply download that
            > file and extract the contents over your existing v8.xx installation to
            > give it a try.

            Mike,

            it worked great.
            Thank you for the improvement.