Re: KMZ FILES will not open in winXP TABLET

  • drfcrf
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hi Mike:
      This one will sound Strange also, I used the changed to zip way and
      called in 10 files "klm" into program and then exported to "KMZ"
      then unloaded all, then cloesed all, then opened the new "test.KMZ"
      file and the one that Global_Mapper exported worked! but the files
      that Google made will not open!

      PS: I will try 8.03 also

      Thanks
      Dave

      --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "Global Mapper Support"
      <global_mapper@...> wrote:

      > Dave,
      >

      > This is strange, I'm not sure what the difference might be,
      although Global
      > Mapper has never really been tested on a tablet PC. Can you try
      Global

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
        Dave,

        Let me know how v8.03 works.

        If that doesn't help, you might try using Global Mapper on a PC and just
        batch converting all of your .kmz files to new .kmz files. It seems there is
        something about how Google saves the files that Global Mapper doesn't like
        on the tablet PC.

        <global_mapper@...> wrote:

        > Dave,
        >

        > This is strange, I'm not sure what the difference might be,
        although Global
        > Mapper has never really been tested on a tablet PC. Can you try
        Global
        > Mapper v8.03 to see if it makes any difference at all?

        > support@...

      • drfcrf
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2007
          Hi Mike:
          I got it to "work!"
          It was not working in ver 8.03 also!
          The drive was set for fat32, I got my new drive and I made in img of
          the master(old 40G 4200rpm) drive and move the files to the new 80G
          7200rbm drive then I converted to NTFS unsing Norton PartitionMagic
          8.05 and then it worked!
          Thanks for all your help!
          I love your program!

          I do have some this that I think might help the program work nicer!
          I will wright them up sometime soon!