RE: [global_mapper] Point Feature name

  • John Blair
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2006
      That seems like a good idea. I'll try it. I've been wondering how to label ridges in the Southern Appalachians. Now I know. Great help and I didn't even ask for it. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

      John Blari

      Global Mapper Support <support@...> wrote:
      John,

      That is one way to separate the labels and works very well for horizontally
      oriented labels. If you want non-horizontal labels, the other approach is to
      remove the name from the item like step 1 below, then draw a new line
      feature with the orientation that you want for the label and the name set to
      the desired label. Set the drawing style of the new line to be a Null line
      style, that way only the label will be drawn along the invisible line.