Re: New file uploaded to global_mapper

  • vrbeasley
    Message 1 of 64 , Feb 1, 2006
      Oh, so simple. Thanks again Mike for the finest program of its kind,
      bar none.
      A wish: Any hope of adding export to IDRISI raster format? I think
      the file structure is straightforward,
      http://www.clarklabs.org/IdrisiSoftware.asp?cat=2#Modules
      This would be a tremendous addition, at least for me, as IDRISI is my
      primary analysis program, but it's quite awkward when it comes to
      importing data.
      Gracias,
      Virgil

      --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "Global Mapper Support"

      Message 64 of 64 , Apr 9, 2009
        AL,

        If your data is mapping data then you might also want to set your central
        latitude and longitude to the lat/lon of your center location to make
        distance calculations work properly since the distance calculations are done
        over the surface of the earth, so incorrect lat/lon values do affect the
        distance measurements.